We will collect personally identifiable information from you in a variety of ways including directly from you when you register on the Sites, use other Web18 services, enter competitions or prize draws, navigate around our Sites or respond to communications from us. Web18 may also receive personally identifiable information from, third parties including our related companies, our business partners and publicly available sources of information.
The following is what we normally collect about you to help us provide you with our services, where we can: • Personal attributes, name, address, gender, date of birth, email, telephone number, and service details; • Information on how you use our website, including details of your domain name and Internet Protocol address, operating system, browser, cookies, time spent on a page or content, and the route you took to navigate through the pages; • Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services.
If you choose not to provide us with certain information we may not be able to provide you with a particular service. Web18 also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Web18! cookie information and the page you requested.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Web18 will NOT disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties except in the following situations:
• We have your consent to share the information;
• We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
• We need to share the information with certain service partners in order to respond to your comments or to resolve service issues. (Unless we tell you differently, these partners have no independent right to use this information except to respond to your comments or to resolve the service issues.);
• We respond to requests from any Indian or foreign government, security, defence, revenue, regulatory or other authority, agency or officer;
• We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal proceedings;
• When required by law that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights of property News18 and its sub domains.
• When applicable law or regulation requires disclosure of information to protect the safety or security of users of our Sites;
• We find that your actions on our web sites violate the Web18 Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services;
• We may need to share details with third parties (such as auditors or legal advisors) to obtain advice. Any such processing will be governed by an agreement in the form required by law, preserving any statutory data protection rights.
People we may disclose your personal information will include:
Who has access to the information at Web18?
• Members of Web18 ;
• our related companies;
• advertisers and content partners, either in an aggregate form eg. “5,000 users clicked on a banner ad”;
• Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
• our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• other telecommunication and information service providers;
• by disclosing individual records such as IP addresses as may be required by law; or
• government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law. We will ensure that these people only use such information to perform the above functions, and that they have adequate procedures in place to deal with your data securely. Some of these people may be based outside India.
By accessing the Company website or this Application or otherwise using the Services, you consent to collection, storage, and use of the personal information you provide (including any changes thereto as provided by you) for any of the services that we offer. The Company respects the privacy of the users of the Services and is committed to reasonably protect it in all respects. The information about the user as collected by the Company is:
• information supplied by users
• information automatically tracked while navigation
•information collected from any other source (collectively referred to as Information)
• Information, received and stored by the company
INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY USERS
When you register on the website, Application and for the Service, we ask that you provide basic contact Information such as your name, age, address, pin code, contact number, occupation, interests and email address etc. When you register using your other accounts like on Facebook, Twitter, Gmail etc. we shall retrieve Information from such account to continue to interact with you and to continue providing the Services.
• Accounts – Used for managing multiple user accounts within the app and for Login purposes
• Contacts – Used for accessing users Contact in order to share articles through the app
• Phone – To read phone state and enable user notifications on users device. IMEI is being collected to uniquely identify every user
• Camera – In order for the user to upload images and profile image of the User. Let’s user use Camera inside of News18
• Microphone – To enable voice command related actions
•Storage – To access files folders from inside the App
• SMS – To send and receive verification messages
Subscription or paid service data
When you chose any subscription or paid service, we or our payment gateway provider may collect your purchase, address or billing information, including your credit card number and expiration date etc. However when you order using an in-app purchase option, same are handled by such platform providers. The subscriptions or paid Services may be on auto renewal mode unless cancelled. If at any point you do not wish to auto-renew your subscription, you may cancel your subscription before the end of the subscription term.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use the Services from News18 (websites or any of its sub sites), we make good faith efforts to provide you, as and when requested by you, with access to your personal information and shall further ensure that any personal information or sensitive personal data or information found to be inaccurate or deficient shall be corrected or amended as feasible, subject to any requirement for such personal information or sensitive personal data or information to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
Information from other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, add it to our account information and treat it in accordance with this policy. If you provide information to the platform provider or other partner, whom we provide services, your account information and order information may be passed on to us. We may obtain updated contact information from third parties in order to correct our records and fulfil the Services or to communicate with you • Demographic and purchase information: We may reference other sources of demographic and other information in order to provide you with more targeted communications and promotions.
Links to 3rd party sites/ad servers
When we present information to our advertisers -- to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites or Applications -- it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages / content within our websites or Applications. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our websites or Applications. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number or other personally identifiable information) about your visits to this and other websites or application, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We do not provide any personally identifiable information to third party websites / advertisers / ad-servers without your consent.
Information use by the company
The Information as supplied by the users enables us to improve the Services and provide you the most user-friendly experience. In some cases/provision of certain service(s) or utility(ies), we may require your contact address as well. All required information is service dependent and the Company may use the above said user Information to, maintain, protect, and improve the Services (including advertising on the "Application") and for developing new services. We may also use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent [with an option to subscribe / unsubscribe (where feasible)]. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes, for customer service purposes, billing, etc.)
Use of information for marketing
In line with any permission you give us, we may send you direct marketing about our own, or carefully selected third parties' goods and services and disclose your information to other organisations that may send direct marketing to you. You can change your marketing preferences if you are registered with us. In addition, you can unsubscribe from email communications via unsubscribe links provided in communications sent to you.
Link from or to Other Sites
We take various precautions to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access and will store your personal information for so long as it is necessary to provide you our services or for archive purposes. You are responsible for keeping your User ID and password secure and you should not disclose them to anyone.
Notification of Changes